- Web version of a mag production desk
A suggested migration path for print subs.
- No need for sub-editors – Roy Greenslade
(with 100 comments adding to the debate)
- The Guardian’s follow-up to Roy’s rant
‘Subeditors are under attack from cost-cutting newspaper groups – and Roy Greenslade. So do they have a future?’
- How do you sub live stories – and add value?
Adam Tinworth on the nature of real-time news.
- A survival guide for sub editors and other curmudgeons
- FT plans for new ‘web ready workflow’ leaked; ‘right first time’ approach for filing copy
‘…sub-editors will edit, check and revise these elements and add multimedia and interactive features, and be responsible for revising content for print and online.’
- Automated sub-editing – could this replace you?
‘Tansa provides enterprises with advanced text proofing tools.’
- The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks
Say no “more”.
Grab the RSS feeds
Tagged for your pleasureAmanda Hocking best jobs blogger's style guide blogging blogs books captions censorship checking Clay Shirky community corporate blogging curation deadlines digital sub-editing dummy copy editing editors embarrassing flaming freelance Funnies funny future grammar headlines homeworking hot tips house style ideas Independent innovation law legal length Links liveblogging lolcat lolcats mobile phones moderation naughty onli online copy editing online etiquette online journalism online sub-editing portable content pressure proofreading punctuation quality quote rant Renault Renualt RIP rude SEO social media spelling structure style guides sub-editing tabloids technology The F-word tone translation Twitter typo Typos wankyballs Wikipedia worst jobs
What else is here?